On this show, the Scotsman and Rodbo play 4 voicemails(!), discuss Waldo’s Special Ale, the Scotsman mocks IPA-hating Rodbo for making his first Dust Bowl Brewing’s HOPS OF WRATH, and they are also introduced to Gigantic Brewing Company with a malty, grainy strong scotch ale. It’s a fun show, where the Scotsman defends his view of Dagny vs. Sandude, his rant about Dagny, and why he still drinks Lagunitas. Finally, the beer calendar gets a new event, which appears to be aimed at home brewers! We think you’ll quite enjoy the latest episode of the Ale Evangelist Show!
On this episode of the Ale Evangelist show, the Scotsman bids a fond and respectful farewell to the legend that is St. Stan’s Brewing Company. With the building formerly housing St. Stan’s about to become a topless bar, it seems unlikely that the brewery will make a comeback, though surprisingly the memory of beer drinkers is long, and someone may yet surprise us.
Should you be aging your IPAs? Perish the thought! Or have we gotten this bit of conventional wisdom wrong as well?
An updated beer calendar and a fantastic salted Scotch Ale rounds out this edition of the Ale Evangelist Show!
Are you interested in the process of making beer? Want to drink some fine ales while enjoying fine sausage from Lockeford Meats? Free on September 26th? Enter your name, and if you are chosen, you will be cordially invited to brew with the Scotsman and Drew!
On Sept. 26th at about 10am, we will begin making a batch of strong scotch ale for Drew’s wedding. There will be good beer, good food, and a good time at the Scotsman Estate, and one listener will be invited to join us! Will it be you?
To enter, simply send me your name and preferred contact information (to notify you if chosen) through one of the following methods:
– via text to 800-ALES (800-2537)
– e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
– send me a private message through the Facebook Fan Page
**Enter by 11:59:59 PM on Tuesday, September 15th**. One submission per household, please!
If your name is chosen on Wednesday, September 16th, you will be invited to come brew with us! (Please don’t comment on this post to attempt to enter. It’s not a great idea to provide personally identifiable information on the Internet, Facebook, etc.)
And now for the annoying liability crap…
Terms and Conditions (By submitting your name, you agree that you have read these terms and conditions):
– Brew Day is Saturday, September 26th. This is non-negotiable. If you are not free that day, please don’t submit your name. If something comes up, we will apologize, and will try to invite you to a future brew day. No promises.
– Drunkenness will not be tolerated. The Scotsman is the sole arbiter for when you’ve had too much, and you will be thrown off the property if you can’t control your drinking/behavior.
– By submitting your name, you release Scotsman, Drew, and the Ale Evangelist show from all liability arising from the making of beer, and from any potential mental distress of seeing adults make and partake in the consumption of adult beverages. If you are selected, you’re being invited to come hang out with friends in a backyard…that’s all. You do so at your own risk and under your own care. If this sounds too risky to you, don’t submit your name.
– THIS EVENT IS OFFERED FOR FUN. IT IS OFFERED WITH NO WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE EVENT IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE EVENT NOT TAKE PLACE OR LIVE UP TO ANYONE’S STANDARDS (INCLUDING PROVIDING BEER OR FOOD OF ANY KIND), YOU ASSUME ALL LIABILITY.
In this, THE NITROGEN BEER SHOW, The Scotsman and Drew try Old Chub Nitro, a Scotch Ale which is known for its creamy mouthfeel and rich flavor. The Scotsman and Drew talk about the upcoming on-location show at 10 EAST Kitchen and Taps in Turlock with Fieldwork Brewing Co, from Berkeley. It’s going to be a great event and a great show where the Scotsman and Drew will interview Derek from 10 EAST, Barry from Fieldwork Brewing, and possibly even some other guests! Join us at 10 EAST Wednesday, May 20th at 5pm for an excellent night of beer and food! In this show, learn about why beers were put on Nitro to begin with, what that little widget thing is for, and how nitrogen changes a beer!
I have been remiss in posting, congregants, I know. Trust me, it is not because there has not been good beer about which I could write. There has been plenty to write, but not enough time to write it in. Last night, I had a beer for the first time, which I thoroughly enjoyed: Heavy Horse Scotch Ale from Big Sky Brewing Co. These are the fine folks who brought you the fantastic Moose Drool Brown Ale, among other excellent ales. This Scotch Ale from them continues the line in a very pleasant way. Continue reading to find out what I mean. Continue reading